Collection of personal information by Alera
The types of information we may collect include:
- Identifying and contact information (for example, name, address, telephone number and email address);
- Financial information (for example, credit card details);
- Health information (for example, where a customer may suffer an adverse reaction to a product);
- If you visit our website, register an account with us and/or purchase products through our website, information about your purchases and your other activity on our website (for example, tracking which areas of the website you visit and the content you view); and
Use and disclosure of personal information by Alera
Alera may use your personal information to:
- Fulfill your purchase orders for our products, services and/or gift certificates;
- Provide you with copies of our newsletter, or information about our products, services, store launches, events or other promotional information;
- Maintain, update and service your account with us;
- Maintain, administer and improve our systems; and
- Improve our website, including to modify it to your usage, history and preferences.
We may also use your personal information for the purposes of our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing, campaigns and project development.
In order to properly conduct our activities, we may disclose or transfer personal information to other persons or organizations. Such persons and organization include:
- Other parties to whom we are authorized or required by law to disclose information.
Data quality and security
Alera takes reasonable steps to:
- Make sure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is as accurate, complete and up to date as necessary for the purposes for which it will be used;
- Protect the personal information that we hold from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure; and
- Where permitted by law, destroy or permanently de-identify personal information that is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected.
Alera’s credit card transactions are fulfilled by an authorized banking institution. When collecting credit card information for online purchases, Alera offers secured server transactions that encrypt your information in transit to help prevent others from accessing it. Personal information is stored on servers that are protected by appropriate safeguards, and will be accessible by authorized employees and agents who require access in connection with their responsibilities. Your credit card details are encrypted and then removed from our system once your order has been dispatched.
Alera will generally provide individuals with the option of not identifying themselves when entering into transactions when it is lawful and practicable to do so. However, on many occasions, we will not be able to do this. For example, we will need your address in order to deliver any products purchased through our website.
Disclosure of personal information outside of Canada
Alera may, in the course of carrying out our business, disclose personal information to affiliates and service providers located outside of Canada.
These entities are likely to be located in the following countries: Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, the United Kingdom, France, the United States of America, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Germany, Italy, Brazil, Australia, Malaysia, Taiwan and Korea. While outside of Canada, personal information will be subject to applicable foreign legal requirements, which may permit government, regulatory and national security authorities to access personal information in certain circumstances.
Your choices with respect to your personal information
You may withdraw your consent to our collection, use and disclosure of personal information at any time, subject to contractual and legal restrictions and reasonable notice. However, if you withdraw your consent to certain uses of your personal information, we may no longer be able to provide certain of our products or services.
If you no longer wish to receive copies of our newsletter, or information about our products, services, store launches, events or other promotional information, you may unsubscribe by contacting us as described below. You may also be able to unsubscribe using the unsubscribe mechanism in the message itself, where the message is sent by email or other electronic means.
Access to and Correction of Your Personal Information
Please contact Alera if you would like to seek access to or correct the personal information we hold about you. Alera will generally provide you with access to your personal information, except where prohibited by law, and will take reasonable steps to amend any personal information about you which is inaccurate or out of date.
If we provide you with copies of any information you have requested, we may charge you a reasonable fee to cover the administrative costs of providing you with that information.
Further information, complaints and requests for access or correction
- have any queries about how Alera handles your personal information;
- would like to access or correct the personal information we hold about you; or
- have any concerns or complaints about the manner in which your personal information hasbeen collected or handled by us, please contact Alera by:
- Mail: Alera Skin Care Products Inc., Unit 1 – 11400 Twigg Place, Richmond, BC V6V 3C1, Canada; or
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Changes to this policy